For information by county regarding local shelters, food pantries, and health departments, please click below:

Frequently Asked Questions

In order to file an application for Social Security Disability benefits, you will need to begin with an online application at or contact your local Social Security office.

Once that application is completed, the Social Security office will request any additional information from you that they need in order to process your case. They may require that you see one of their doctors for an evaluation as well. Montefu Consulting can provide assistance to you at the initial application level or at any point in which you experience difficulties or have questions regarding your claim for benefits.

If you have become ill or injured and have been unable to work for at least 12 months, you need to talk to us regarding filing a claim for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. Or, if you have previously filed a claim for SSDI or SSI benefits and your claim has been denied one or more times, you need to contact us for assistance in pursuing or reopening your claim.

The following must be met to qualify for Children's SSI:

  • SSI is awarded based on income/resource limitations and a "disabled" finding as defined by the Social Security Administration.

  • Income and resource limits must be met per outlines as referred to above.

  • These requirements must be met for a child to be found disabled:

  • The child must not be working and earning more than allowed. Visit for earning limits.

  • Must have a physical or mental condition or combination of conditions that result in “marked and severe functional limitations” as defined by the Social Security Administration.

  • Condition or combination of conditions must have lasted or be expected to last at least 12 months, or be expected to end in death.

Adult Child disabled before age 22 - benefit payments are possible under both SSI and Social Security programs. To collect under Social Security’s program, at least one parent must be receiving SS Retirement or Disability benefits OR be deceased and have enough eligible quarters of coverage.

Yes, you can contact us from anywhere in the United States for a free telephone consultation.

  • We can handle your needs via e-mail, phone, fax, and/or U.S. Mail.

  • If your case requires a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge, we will travel to your area to attend the hearing with you if necessary.

fm=f_WVABzzA (1)